Storytale Festival refers to the group of volunteers working on the festival. This is not an organisation, charity or business.
Storytale Festival is required to process relevant personal data regarding team members, suppliers, venues, traders, sponsors, artists and performers, volunteers and people interested in volunteering as part of its operation and shall take all reasonable steps to do so in accordance with this Policy.
Storytale Festival recognises The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) adopted 27 April 2016 and the application date of 25 May 2018 and is actively working towards compliance with that directive.
- Storytale Festival holds two types of information which are covered by this policy:
a. personal information – information about individuals such as names, addresses, job titles
b. sensitive personal information – this kind of information is only held about employees and volunteers
- Eleanor Freeman, founder of Storytale Festival, is responsible for data held in relation to the festival. She can be contacted on email@example.com.
- Third parties may also hold data about individuals. Storytale Festival have identified the privacy policies of third parties used by the Festival team. However, there will be others used by other organisations and individuals involved in the festival, particularly for event hosts. Storytale Festival will ensure all organisations and individuals are informed of our Data Protection Policy but cannot be responsible for data held by third parties.
- Storytale Festival will not hold information about individuals without their knowledge and consent.
- Storytale Festival will only hold information for specific purposes, such as validating tickets on entry, sending email newsletters and organising events. It will inform individuals what those purposes are and will inform them if those purposes change.
- Information will not be retained once it is no longer required for its stated purpose.
- Individuals are entitled to have access to information held about them by Storytale Festival.
- Information about individuals will not be disclosed to other organisations or to individuals who are not Storytale Festival team members except in circumstances where this is a legal requirement, where there is explicit or implied consent, or where the information is publicly available elsewhere.
- Storytale Festival uses third party hosted applications. Data used by these applications may be stored outside of the EEA.
a. Trello – used for planning. https://trello.com/privacy
b. Google applications – used for data, planning etc –https://policies.google.com/privacy?gl=GG&hl=en
c. Mailchimp – used for newsletter and mass mailouts –https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
e. Dropbox – used to store and share files, photos etc https://www.dropbox.com/privacy2019
f. Email – hosted by 123reg – https://www.123-reg.co.uk/terms/privacy/
- Storytale Festival may also take photographs at events. In this case, the host will announce this to the audience, there will be notices and we will check with attendees as they arrive.
- Storytale Festival has procedures for ensuring the security of all personal data. Paper records containing confidential personnel data are disposed of in a secure way. Electronically held personal data is password protected.
- There may be situations, where Storytale Festival works in partnership with other organisations, such as stakeholders, funders and sponsors, which may require some data sharing. Personal data will not be shared, but overall statistics, for example on attendance numbers may be shared.
- Storytale Festival team members will be given training on Storytale Festival data protection policy and procedures.
- Storytale Festival will carry out regular reviews of its data protection policy and procedures.